PepsiAmericas finalizes joint venture with CABCORP

by Eric Schroeder
Share This:

MINNEAPOLIS — PepsiAmericas, Inc. and Central America Beverage Corp. (CABCORP) have completed the joint venture that will combine PepsiAmericas’ Caribbean business, excluding the Bahamas, with CABCORP’s Central American operations, including Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua.

As part of the agreement, CABCORP will control 82% of the joint venture, with PepsiAmericas controlling the remaining 18%. CABCORP is the oldest franchise of Pepsi in Latin America, and has been distributing, manufacturing and selling Pepsi-Cola products since 1942.

PepsiAmericas is the world’s second-largest manufacturer, seller and distributor of PepsiCo beverages, and had 2008 sales of $4.9 billion.

"Our Caribbean business combined with CABCORP is a great fit, providing scale, expertise and a strong platform for growth and geographic expansion," said Kenneth E. Kaiser, president and chief operating officer, PepsiAmericas.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.



The views expressed in the comments section of Food Business News do not reflect those of Food Business News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.