Aldi launches gluten-free product line

by Eric Schroeder
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Food Service]

DALLAS — Aldi, a grocer operating nearly 1,300 U.S. stores in 32 states, primarily from Kansas to the East coast, has launched a new gluten-free product line: LiveGfree.

Beginning May 7, all U.S. Aldi stores began carrying the LiveGfree product line as May Special Buy items for a limited time. According to the company, select test stores in the Chicago, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and New York areas will continue to carry a variety of LiveGfree products for the remainder of the year. A companywide roll-out of the most popular items is expected later this year, Aldi said.

The LiveGfree line incorporates everyday essentials such as snacks and bread, as well as products such as baking mixes. The full list of available products includes chewy bars, granola crunch, pizza, spaghetti, penne and fusilli, macaroni and cheese, wraps, pancakes, cake/cookie mix, cornbread/pizza crust mix, brownie/baking mix, cheese ravioli/lasagna, multi-seed crackers, soft baked cookies, chicken breast nuggets, and white and whole grain bread.

This is the third new product line for Aldi in the past two years. In 2013, the discount grocer launched SimplyNature, which features simple foods made with only all-natural or organic ingredients. SimplyNature products range from cereal, honey, fruit bars and apple juice, to pasta sauce, pizza, salsa and various snacks. Aldi also last year introduced the Specially Selected brand, which features a range of specialty products, including German coffees, gourmet pastas and cheeses.

By John 8/13/2015 5:35:29 PM
The line of LiveGfree products Aldi carries is exciting but the GF Multi-Purpose is only available as a special purchase item in the Chicago land area while it is available in other areas all the time and in bags not boxes. They are too big to find private label suppliers to satisfy their needs. I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ANY SOCIAL NETWORKS FOR SURE.

By Stephanie Woodley 8/4/2015 9:15:17 AM
I just visited the Matthews, NC store upon recommendation of all the Gluten Free products. We have been spending a small fortune at 7 different grocery stores to supply a variety of GF foods for my family. I was thrilled to see such a selection of GF foods. Even GF frozen ravioli and hot pockets. The prices are unbelievable...in some cases half the price of a comparable items elsewhere. The bread was a real treat. We have been buying UDI's sandwich bread which have tiny slices. Aldi's bread is a normal sized loaf...again for a fraction of the cost. Delighted to find Aldi's GF products.

By Laurence Hughes 7/5/2015 2:34:18 PM
I would like to see ALDI introduce more gluten free products in all their stores especiially ready meals.I realise that there are not enough coeliacs to support a lot of products but people are beginning to move to ALDI for value and quality You must have an increase in customers lately so why not go for it.

By marie lawlor 6/18/2015 3:01:22 PM
live in wallingford,ct the aldi store sold cin streusel muffin mix but don,t have it anymore it was the best i made coffee cakes from it and everyone love it. i have been everywhere looking for it but can't find it can you bring it back.

By Faith 4/1/2015 11:35:57 AM
I bought your cornbread mix. is there a recipe for making the corn pudding with your mix? I used to make one with the jiffy mix. Thanks

By Susan Miller 9/23/2014 1:30:43 PM
This has made a huge differance in my GF life. As in life changing 1 Loving the new bread , first time in 11 yrs. have have eaten bread that is like it's glutened conterpart ! FaceBook is blowing up on GF sites about this new line , some have even said they are traveling 1-3 hours to buy your products , I think that says it all . Thank You so much ! Aldi really gets it !Manager Shelly at Lima Oh . store is also to be commended for her kindness and proffesionalism as are the rest of the staff . I always feel like a valued customer each and everytime I go to their store !

By James wall 9/16/2014 1:24:49 PM
My wife and sister-inlaw use gluten free, so on a lot of occasions i get to eat gluten free or do without a meal. Thanks for being ahead of the game and putting out the best i have tried to date. Best price also. Fort Worth Texas

By Josephine Poinsett 8/25/2014 7:09:06 AM
Are the gluten free products in the store now?681954

By theresa germain 8/3/2014 9:43:17 PM
Please continue to offer more gluten free products .have recently started shopping at your stores and have been very happy with prices and quality! Son has celiac disease and its nice to find the g free products at your stores!

By Tina Reiter 8/1/2014 10:06:36 AM
My three kids have Celiac. I was very excited to see gluten free products at aldi. I really hope the frozen gluten free products make it back to Aldi. The need for gluten free products in our area is high. Please bring back the frozen gluten free products such as the pepperoni pizza hot pocket and pasta. The New Philadelphia, Ohio Aldi is my local one

By reva myers 7/26/2014 1:05:07 PM
thank you for your interest in providing GF items.

By Debbie Klott 7/15/2014 8:12:50 AM
I liked the gluten free products and tried all of them you ha cd in the store. I never shopped at aldi before. My store in Clawson mi does not carry them anymore. When are you going to bring them back.2

By Jessie Lamb 7/9/2014 11:11:10 AM
Thank you for launching the Simply Nature line for Aldi, I love it very much! I have a daughter who is 8 and has celiac disease. During the limited time, we tried many of the gluten free products and we were just as impressed with them as we were the Simply Nature products. Please bring them to the store full time and SOON! We are in Warrensburg, Missouri. Thank you!!

By Michelle Langevin 7/9/2014 10:25:37 AM
My daughter has celic and she really loves the live g products. It is at a very reasonable price. Please bring it back to the Binghamton NY store.

By freddie moore 6/18/2014 11:47:42 PM
Love yourgluten-free products. Please continue to carry them and expand the line.