Life no longer good for coffee brand

by Eric Schroeder
Search for similar articles by keyword: [JM Smucker], [Coffee]
Just a year after its launch, Life is good coffee has been discontinued.

ORRVILLE, OHIO — Apparently, life was not good for a coffee brand introduced last summer by J.M. Smucker Co. The Orrville-based company said during an Aug. 20 conference call with analysts that it discontinued the Life is good coffee brand during the first quarter of fiscal 2015.

Introduced last summer as Smucker’s first line with 100% certified coffee, Life is good coffee was available in Light Hearted, a light roast ground coffee; Happy Medium, a medium roast ground coffee; Dark & Daring, a dark roast ground coffee; S’more to Love, a s’more flavored ground coffee; and Banana Bread Bliss, a banana bread flavored ground coffee. All products were UTZ Certified, a program promoting sustainable farming and better opportunities for farmers, their families and our planet.

Mark Smucker, president of U.S. Retail Coffee at Smucker, said during the conference call that the relationship with the Life is good Kids Foundation was “fantastic,” and commended the group on their work with their brands. However, the combination of the Life is good brand and coffee did not mesh, he said.

“What we learned, although the products were very good products, what we learned is that the relevancy of that brand was decent on the coasts … but elsewhere brand awareness was very low,” Mr. Smucker said. “We just saw good trial out of the gate, but poor repeat purchase because I think the consumer has a number of choices in that category. And that brand, unfortunately, just did not survive.”

By Benny 11/2/2017 11:29:47 AM
Also looking for the banana bread bliss

By Benny 11/2/2017 11:29:36 AM
Also looking for the banana bread bliss

By Lisa Moneymaker 1/3/2017 3:45:49 PM
I have been looking for banana bread bliss coffee for a long time. I loved this coffee so much. I introduced this to a friend and she loved it to. We can't find any coffee that is even close to it's taste. Are you ever going to have this again. I miss your coffee so much.

By Chelsea 10/5/2016 11:55:53 AM
Bring back banana bread bliss please!! As a coffee drinker I feel my life isn't complete anymore. I have yet to find a coffee that I've enjoyed as much or close to as I've enjoyed the BBB.

By minky 11/13/2015 2:14:08 AM
I've been looking EVERYWHERE for the banana bliss since that was my mom's favorite among all different kinds of coffee (flavor, brand) that i've been sending overseas for her for 2 years. and i can't even find ANY banana flavored coffee anywhere. like Laureen, i'd love to buy some if there were any more left in the warehouse.

By Laureen Morick 6/16/2015 7:17:39 PM
im looking for Strawberry Shortcake coffee. I purchased it at Target. I can't find this flavor. Will you bring it back again? Can I purchase some that were not sold or still in the warehouse.

By chels 2/20/2015 8:22:34 AM
Wow, Light Hearted was my favorite coffee ever! I am quite sorry to find it discontinued. I've not discovered a better tasting coffee and and I thought the combination of Life Is Good and coffee was brilliant, but it takes more than one opinion. Is there a way to purchase the unsold products?

By Stacy 2/17/2015 9:30:20 AM
This was the BEST banana flavored coffee every. I've tried numerous other brands and not liked them at all. Where can I buy all the rest of your unsold product?

By Debbie Bootz 11/21/2014 7:44:19 AM
I love your Smores to love coffee. I look for it everytime at our local grocery store and lately have not seen it on the shelf. I am really sadden to hear that you are discontinuing the coffee line. I will need to stock up. Please reconsider dropping your Life is Good brand coffee.

By Marion Meinke 11/6/2014 8:36:41 AM
Hi i live in louisiana i had a chance to sample of your coffie sad to here it is nolonger available for sale this is a very good coffie goodlife brand coffie was not marketed in our area is there a back stock or a store that may have some?

By Robert Taylot 11/3/2014 7:28:47 AM
When i found Happy Medium coffee i fell in love, but now life is not good since the companies decision to discontinue the coffees.

By Mrs. James 10/22/2014 6:13:22 PM
My family and I are heart-broken to know this brand will be discontinued. We are loyal to Starbucks, but 'Life really Is Good' when we have this brand in our pantry. We began purchasing via the Internet, after stores stopped carrying the Banana Bread Bliss. We will continue to support this company and their product until the last bag is sold.

By Melissa Songer 10/4/2014 7:14:06 AM
When the local Publix placed it on clearance back in the summer, I bought almost all the remaining bags of the Light-hearted coffee. Got them for $4 each. But I will be running out soon. Such a shame, it was an excellent product.

By Marianne 9/4/2014 2:18:36 PM
I love the light hearted coffee. I have an ulcer and that coffee never hurt my stomach.Is it going to be made at all?