Butter, turkey, red meat stocks up from August 2011

by Staff
Share This:
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Dairy], [Meat], [Poultry]

WASHINGTON — Butter, turkey, fruit, vegetable and red meat stocks on Aug. 31, 2012, were higher than year-earlier levels, but chicken and cheese stocks were lower, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Cold Storage report.

Frozen turkey stocks totaled 554,869,000 lbs, up 1% from July and up 5% from August 2011, the U.S.D.A. said. Total chicken stocks were 655,272,000 lbs, up 1% from July but down 6% from August 2011. Total frozen poultry stocks were 1,213,415,000 lbs, up 1% from July but down 1% from August 2011.

Natural cheese stocks on Aug. 31 were 1,003,139,000 lbs, down 4% from July and down 6% from August 2011. Butter stocks totaled 204,492,000 lbs, down 13% from July but up 23% from August 2011.

Frozen red meat supplies totaled 1,039,363,000 lbs, up slightly from 1,039,092,000 lbs in July and up 16% from August 2011. Frozen pork stocks were 580,783,000 lbs, up 6% from July and up 31% from August 2011. Beef stocks in freezers totaled 429,785,000 lbs, down 7% from July but up slightly from 428,633,000 lbs in August 2011.

Total frozen egg stocks on Aug. 31 were 36,010,000 lbs, down 7% from July but up 16% from August 2011. Stocks of egg whites were 4,785,000 lbs, up 42% from July and up 28% from August 2011. Frozen egg yolk stocks were 2,444,000 lbs, down 4% from July but up 88% from August 2011. Whole and mixed egg stocks were 9,531,000 lbs, down 20% from July but up 15% from August 2011. Unclassified egg stocks were 19,250,000 lbs, down 7% from July but up 9% from August 2011.

Stocks of frozen orange juice concentrate on Aug. 31, 2012, totaled 773,481,000 lbs, down 10% from July but up 21% from August 2011. Stocks of all types of frozen fruit on Aug. 31 were 1,143,507,000 lbs, up 6% from July and up 8% from August 2011.

Stocks of frozen french fries were 808,900,000 lbs, down 3% from July but up 7% from August 2011. Total vegetable stocks (excluding potatoes) on Aug. 31 were 2,109,394,000 lbs, up 19% from July and up 6% from August 2011, the U.S.D.A. said.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.

 

 


The views expressed in the comments section of Food Business News do not reflect those of Food Business News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.