Butter, turkey, red meat stocks up from Sept. 2011

by Staff
Share This:
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Meat]

WASHINGTON — Butter, turkey, fruit, vegetable and red meat stocks on Sept. 30, 2012, were higher than year-earlier levels, but chicken and cheese stocks were lower, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Cold Storage report.

Frozen turkey stocks totaled 521,205,000 lbs, down 5% from August but up 2% from September 2011, the U.S.D.A. said. Total chicken stocks were 651,749,000 lbs, down 1% from August and down 3% from September 2011. Total frozen poultry stocks were 1,175,553,000 lbs, down 3% from August and down 1% from September 2011.

Natural cheese stocks on Sept. 30 were 994,309,000 lbs, down 1% from August and down 5% from September 2011. Butter stocks totaled 195,428,000 lbs, down 3% from August but up 29% from September 2011.

Frozen red meat supplies totaled 1,083,696,000 lbs, up 3% from August and up 15% from September 2011. Frozen pork stocks were 630,657,000 lbs, up 8% from August and up 28% from September 2011. Beef stocks in freezers totaled 425,621,000 lbs, down 2% from August and down slightly from 427,590,000 lbs in September 2011.

Total frozen egg stocks on Sept. 30 were 31,367,000 lbs, down 13% from August and down 2% from September 2011. Stocks of egg whites were 3,745,000 lbs, down 18% from August and down 9% from September 2011. Frozen egg yolk stocks were 2,120,000 lbs, down 13% from August but up 82% from September 2011. Whole and mixed egg stocks were 9,025,000 lbs, down 6% from August but up 5% from September 2011. Unclassified egg stocks were 16,477,000 lbs, down 14% from August and down 9% from September 2011.

Stocks of frozen orange juice concentrate were 675,531,000 lbs, down 13% from August but up 15% from September 2011. Stocks of all types of frozen fruit on Sept. 30 were 1,168,045,000 lbs, up 2% from August and up 10% from September 2011.

Stocks of frozen french fries were 871,055,000 lbs, up 10% from August and up 2% from September 2011. Total vegetable stocks (excluding potatoes) on Sept. 30 were 2,409,183,000 lbs, up 11% from August and up 2% from September 2011, the U.S.D.A. said.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.

 

 


The views expressed in the comments section of Food Business News do not reflect those of Food Business News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.