May butter, poultry, red meat stocks up from 2012

by Staff
Share This:
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Beef], [Chicken], [Poultry]

WASHINGTON — Butter, cheese, fruit, vegetable, poultry and red meat stocks on May 31, 2013, were higher than year-earlier levels, but egg stocks were lower, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Cold Storage report.

Total frozen egg stocks on May 31 were 28,888,000 lbs, down 2% from April and down 16% from May 2012. Stocks of egg whites were 3,053,000 lbs, down slightly from 3,065,000 lbs in April and down 2% from May 2012. Frozen egg yolk stocks were 2,395,000 lbs, up 3% from April but down 9% from May 2012. Whole and mixed egg stocks were 8,089,000 lbs, down 6% from April and down 22% from May 2012. Unclassified egg stocks were 15,351,000 lbs, up slightly from 15,347,000 lbs in April but down 17% from May 2012.

Natural cheese stocks on May 31 were 1,156,719,000 lbs, up 3% from April and up 8% from May 2012. Butter stocks totaled 323,187,000 lbs, up 4% from April and up 24% from May 2012.

Frozen turkey stocks totaled 519,556,000 lbs, up 14% from April and up 4% from May 2012, the U.S.D.A. said. Total chicken stocks were 679,338,000 lbs, up 2% from April and up 6% from May 2012. Total frozen poultry stocks were 1,200,143,000 lbs, up 6% from April and up 5% from May 2012.

Frozen red meat supplies totaled 1,166,279,000 lbs, down 6% from April but up 1% from May 2012. Frozen pork stocks were 661,786,000 lbs, down 6% from April but up 4% from May 2012. Beef stocks in freezers totaled 478,528,000 lbs, down 6% from April and down 4% from May 2012.

Stocks of frozen orange juice concentrate were 1,042,208,000 lbs, up 2% from April but down 1% from May 2012. Stocks of all types of frozen fruit were 962,758,000 lbs, down 2% from April but up 15% from May 2012.

Stocks of frozen french fries were 931,465,000 lbs, down 6% from April but up 8% from May 2012. Total vegetable stocks (excluding potatoes) on May 31 were 1,576,208,000 lbs, down 10% from April but up 4% from May 2012.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.

 

 


The views expressed in the comments section of Food Business News do not reflect those of Food Business News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.