Domino's Pizza adds BreadBowl Pasta
April 23, 2009
by FoodBusinessNews.net Staff
ANN ARBOR, MICH. — Domino’s Pizza has added pasta to its product lineup with the launch of Domino’s BreadBowl Pasta. The product includes a lightly seasoned bread bowl baked up around penne pasta.
The BreadBowl Pasta retails for $5.99 and is available in five combinations, including:
• Three Cheese Mac-N-Cheese — a blend of two cheddars and mozzarella tossed with penne pasta.
• Italian Sausage Marinara — Penne pasta tossed with Italian sausage in marinara sauce and topped with provolone cheese.
• Chicken Alfredo — 100% all white meat chicken and penne pasta baked with Alfredo sauce.
• Chicken Carbonara — 100% all white meat chicken, bacon, onions and mushrooms mixed with penne pasta and baked with Alfredo sauce.
• Pasta Primavera — Baby spinach, diced tomatoes, mushrooms and onions mixed with penne pasta and baked with Alfredo sauce.
Consumers also have the option to build the pasta dishes their own way.
"This is pasta like you’ve never seen before and can’t find anywhere else," said Russell Weiner, chief marketing officer. "The pasta scored extraordinarily well in our product tests. Consumers were amazed by the idea of the warm bread bowl and the pasta being baked simultaneously."
Domino’s is not the first pizza company to push pasta. A little more than a year ago, Pizza Hut launched Tuscani Pastas in two flavors: Creamy Chicken Alfredo and Meaty Marinara. The company now also offers Tuscani Lasagna and Premium Bacon Mac ‘N Cheese Tuscani Pasta.