E.U. extends review date for Kraft-Cadbury deal

by Eric Schroeder
Share This:

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM — The European Commission today said it would extend its deadline for examining Northfield, Ill.-based Kraft Foods Inc.’s £9.8 billion ($16.3 billion) takeover bid of London-based Cadbury P.L.C. to Jan. 6 from Dec. 14. The E.C. provided no details on why it was extending the deadline other than to note that Kraft has put forward possible changes to its bid in order to ease antitrust concerns.

Cadbury P.L.C. earlier this week said it will publish its formal response to the Kraft proposal on Dec. 14.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.

The views expressed in the comments section of Food Business News do not reflect those of Food Business News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.