Datamonitor notes creative 2007 product introductions
January 10, 2008
by FoodBusinessNews.net Staff
NAPLES, N.Y. — Datamonitor has announced its 2007 Build a Better Mousetrap new products of the year from its Productscan Online database. These products have new-to-the-world product benefits and the potential to change and shape the consumer packaged goods market.
The food items on the list include:
• Swiss Miss Pick-Me-Up Hot Coca Mix — Caffeine is moving into various product categories, including potato chips and instant oatmeal as demand for energy drinks increases, and this hot chocolate has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee and as much calcium and vitamin D as a glass of milk.
• Organic Batter Blaster Pancake and Waffle Batter — This product may by sprayed and is packaged in an aerosol can. It is refrigerated and makes organic, light and fluffy pancakes and light and crisp waffles in minutes. The goal of the aerosol packaging is to reduce cleanup.
• JT Fragra Functional Water — This bottled water from Japan leaves the smell of citrus fruit in the mouth after drinking. It has 1% juice content and uses an ingredient called linalool, which is found in lemons, oranges and other fruits, for fresh breath.
• Popsicle SlowMelt Long Lasting Pops — This product is designed to try to keep a popsicle from melting before the consumer has a chance to finish it. It also has fruit juice, vitamin C and natural colors and flavors.
• Tetley’s Twistea Tea on the Go — Featuring a Tetley teabag locked in a plastic cup, all the consumer has to do is add boiling water and twist the lid of the cup to customize taste and achieve desired strength. The teabag stays in the cup and doesn’t need to be disposed of separately. This product has been introduced in the United Kingdom.