SAN JOSE, CALIF. — Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., has announced a series of seminars that will focus on timely food safety topics. Issues to be discussed include global perspectives on food safety, improving method performance to comply with new methods and regulatory requirements, and the simplification of multi-residue methods for pesticides and veterinary drug residues.
"Widely publicized food safety threats highlight the challenges food safety professionals face on a daily basis," said Gerry Broski, marketing director for food safety at Thermo Fisher. "We understand that the industry wants information and relevant content to keep pace with rapidly changing food safety regulations, demands for efficiency and demand for rock-solid results."
In the U.S. and Canada, the free, one-day seminars are scheduled in 11 cities. The dates include:
• Oct. 27: Washington, D.C., Marriott Greenbelt hotel
• Oct. 28: Atlanta, Marriott Atlanta Century Center
• Oct. 29: Dallas, Marriott Dallas/Plano at Legacy Town Center
• Oct. 30: Chicago, Marriott Deerfield Suites
• Nov. 9: Minneapolis, Marriott Minneapolis West
• Nov. 10: Cincinnati, Cincinnati Marriott Northeast
• Nov. 11: Sacramento, Calif. Courtyard Sacramento Midtown
• Nov. 12: Irvine, Calif. Marriott Irvine
• Nov. 16: Vancouver, B.C., Holiday Inn Express Metrotown
• Nov. 18: Toronto, Ont. Delta Toronto East
• Nov. 19: Ottawa, Ont. Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport
To learn more about the events or register, visit www.thermo.com/foodsafety.