February egg product output up 2% from 2009
April 6, 2010
WASHINGTON — The total amount of liquid product from shell eggs broken in February was 196,081,000 lbs, down 5% from January but up 2% from the previous year, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Egg Products report.
February production of edible whole eggs was 121,599,000 lbs, equal to levels during February of the previous year; liquid whites were 49,510,000 lbs, up 6%; liquid yolks were 24,972,000 lbs, up 4%; and inedible product was 17,684,000 lbs, up 8%.
Edible liquid product produced during the January — February period was 401,640,000 lbs, down 1% from the previous year, the U.S.D.A. said. Liquid whole eggs totaled 251,115,000 lbs, down 3%; liquid whites were 100,255,000 lbs, up 4%; liquid yolks were 50,270,000 lbs, up 1%; and inedible product was 35,531,000 lbs, up 1%.
Shell eggs broken in February totaled 150,397,000 dozen, up 2% from the previous year but down 5% from January 2010. Shell eggs broken in the January – February period totaled 308,439,000 dozen, down 1% from the previous year.