Butter, red meat stocks up from previous year

by Staff
Share This:

WASHINGTON — Butter and red meat stocks on Oct. 31 were higher than year-earlier levels, but poultry, cheese, fruit and vegetable stocks were lower, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Cold Storage report.

Frozen turkey stocks were 407,167,000 lbs, down 20% from September and down 1% from October 2010. Total chicken stocks were 695,495,000 lbs, up 4% from September but down 5% from October 2010. Total frozen poultry stocks were 1,106,182,000 lbs, down 7% from September and down 4% from the previous year, the U.S.D.A. said.

Natural cheese stocks on Oct. 31 were 1,012,575,000 lbs, down 3% from September and down 4% from the previous year. Butter stocks totaled 129,822,000 lbs, down 14% from September but up 19% from October 2010.

Frozen red meat supplies were 928,223,000 lbs, down 2% from September but up 1% from October 2010. Frozen pork stocks totaled 490,695,000 lbs, down slightly from 491,910,000 lbs the previous month but up 2% from October 2010. Frozen pork belly stocks were 8,611,000 lbs, down 7% from September and down 63% from October 2010. Beef stocks in freezers totaled 414,215,000 lbs, down 3% from September and down slightly from 414,647,000 lbs in October 2010.

Frozen egg stocks on Oct. 31 totaled 32,837,000 lbs, up 3% from September and up 29% from October 2010. Stocks of egg whites were 4,100,000 lbs down 1% from September but up 22% from October 2010. Frozen egg yolk stocks were 1,087,000 lbs, down 7% from September but up 51% from October 2010. Whole and mixed egg stocks were 9,230,000 lbs, up 8% from September and up 16% from October 2010. Unclassified egg stocks were 18,420,000, up 2% from September and up 37% from October 2010.

Stocks of frozen french fries on Oct. 30 were 903,470,000, up 6% from September but down 1% from October 2010. Frozen vegetable stocks (excluding potatoes) totaled 2,457,814,000 lbs, up 4% from September but down 6% from a year ago.

Stocks of frozen orange juice concentrate on Oct. 31, 2011, were 521,323,000 lbs, down 11% from September and down 42% from October 2010. Stocks of all types of frozen fruit on Oct. 31 were 1,243,977,000 lbs, up 17% from September but down 7% from the previous year.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.








The views expressed in the comments section of Food Business News do not reflect those of Food Business News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.