June cheese, poultry, red meat stocks up

by Staff
Share This:

WASHINGTON — Cheese, egg, poultry and red meat stocks in freezers on June 30 were higher than year-earlier levels but butter, fruit and vegetable stocks were lower, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Cold Storage report.

Natural cheese stocks on June 30 totaled 1,051,222,000 lbs, up slightly from May and up 1% from 1,037,819,000 lbs in June 2010, the U.S.D.A. said. Butter stocks totaled 190,643,000 lbs, up 12% from May but down 4% from a year ago.

Total chicken stocks on June 30, 2011, were 750,465,000 lbs, down 1% from May but up 13% from June 2010. Frozen turkey stocks totaled 509,850,000 lbs, up 14% from May and up 1% from June 2010. Total frozen poultry supplies were 1,265,934,000 lbs, up 5% from May and up 8% from June 2010.

Total frozen red meat supplies were 952,640,000 lbs, down 6% from May but up 17% from the previous year. Frozen pork stocks totaled 496,627,000 lbs, down 9% from May but up 20% from June 2010. Frozen pork belly stocks were 47,039,000 lbs, down 18% from May but up 33% from June 2010. Beef stocks in freezers totaled 434,510,000 lbs, down 3% from May but up 16% from June 2010.

Frozen egg stocks on June 30 totaled 33,848,000 lbs, up 17% from May and up 35% from June 2010. Stocks of egg whites were 4,023,000 lbs, up 75% from May and up 42% from June 2010. Frozen egg yolk stocks were 3,071,000 lbs, up 54% from May and up significantly from June 2010 stocks of 562,000 lbs. Whole and mixed egg stocks were 6,952,000 lbs, up 10% from May and up 16% from June 2010. Unclassified egg stocks were 19,802,000 lbs, up 7% from May and up 27% from June 2010.

Stocks of frozen french fries on June 30 were 874,532,000 lbs, up 3% from May but down 3% from June 2010. Frozen vegetable stocks (excluding potatoes) totaled 1,478,676,000 lbs, down 2% from May and down 11% from June 2010.

Stocks of frozen orange juice concentrate on June 30, 2011, were 797,284,000 lbs, down 8% from May and down 41% from June 2010. Stocks of all types of frozen fruit on June 30 totaled 790,150,000 lbs, up 5% from May but down 14% from the previous year.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.








The views expressed in the comments section of Food Business News do not reflect those of Food Business News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.