November egg product output equal to 2007 level

by Staff
Share This:

WASHINGTON — The total amount of edible liquid product from shell eggs broken in November was 208,030,000 lbs, equal to year-earlier levels but down 15% from October 2008, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Egg Products report.

November production of edible whole eggs was 136,777,000 lbs, down 4% from the previous year; liquid whites were 44,289,000 lbs, up 3%; liquid yolks were 26,964,000 lbs, up 19%, and inedible product totaled 18,221,000 lbs, equal to November 2007, the U.S.D.A. said.

Edible liquid product produced in the January-November period totaled 2,464,988,000 lbs, up 3% from the same period of the previous year, the U.S.D.A. said. Liquid whole eggs totaled 1,572,839,000 lbs, up 2% from the previous year; liquid whites were 582,699,000 lbs, up 5%; liquid yolks were 309,450,000 lbs, up 5%; and inedible products were 213,659,000 lbs, up 2%.

Shell eggs broken in November totaled 159,669,000 dozen, equal to the year-ago amount but 13% less than in October 2008, the U.S.D.A. said. Shell eggs broken in the January-November period totaled 1,885,135,000 dozen, up 3% from the same period the previous year.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.



The views expressed in the comments section of Food Business News do not reflect those of Food Business News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.