October egg product output up 3% from 2007
December 01, 2008
by FoodBusinessNews.net Staff
WASHINGTON — The total amount of edible liquid product from shell eggs broken in October was 244,936,000 lbs, up 3% from the previous year and up 5% from September 2008, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Egg Products report.
October production of edible whole eggs was 159,702,000 lbs, up 3% from the previous year; liquid whites were 56,769,000 lbs, up 5%; and liquid yolks were 28,465,000 lbs, up 3%.
Inedible product from shell eggs broken in October totaled 20,639,000 lbs, up 1% from October 2007.
Shell eggs broken in October totaled 183,158,000 dozen, up 1% from October 2007 and up 2% from September 2008, the U.S.D.A. said.
Edible liquid product produced in the January-October period totaled 2,256,958,000 lbs, up 3% from the same period of the previous year, the U.S.D.A. said. Liquid whole eggs totaled 1,436,062,000 lbs, up 2% from the previous year; liquid whites were 538,410,000 lbs, up 5%; liquid yolks were 282,486,000 lbs, up 3%; and inedible products were 195,438,000 lbs, up 2%.
Shell eggs broken in the January-October period totaled 1,725,466,000 dozen, up 3% from a year ago.