September egg product output up 9% from year ago
November 03, 2008
by FoodBusinessNews.net Staff
WASHINGTON — The total amount of edible liquid product from shell eggs broken in September was 234,291,000 lbs, up 9% from a year ago and up 7% from August 2008, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Egg Products report.
September production of edible whole eggs was 148,933,000 lbs, up 5% from a year ago; liquid whites were 56,399,000 lbs, up 19%; and liquid yolks were 28,959,000, up 13%.
Inedible product from shell eggs broken in September totaled 19,849,000 lbs, up 7% from September 2007.
Shell eggs broken in September totaled 179,209,000 dozen, up 9% from September 2007 and up 5% from August 2008, the U.S.D.A. said.
Edible liquid product produced in the January-September period totaled 2,012,022,000 lbs, up 3% from the same period of the previous year, the U.S.D.A. said. Liquid whole eggs totaled 1,276,360,000 lbs, up 2% from a year ago; liquid whites were 481,641,000 lbs, up 5%; liquid yolks were 254,021,000 lbs, up 3%; and inedible products were 174,799,000 lbs, up 2%.
Shell eggs broken in the January-September period totaled 1,542,308,000 dozen, up 3% from a year ago.