Seasoning blends enhance popcorn
December 23, 2008
by Jeff Gelski
Wixon Inc., St. Francis, Wis., has launched an array of flavored popcorn seasoning blends for retail consumer product applications. They include:
• white cheddar — a pale powder with natural cheddar cheese flavor plus tangy buttermilk and sweet whey;
• salsa lime — made with three peppers, tomato, onion, garlic, vinegar and lime juice;
• jalapeno — jalapeno supported with yellow corn flour, onion, garlic, white pepper and minced parsley;
• cajun bbq — a blend of tomato and barbeque spices;
• pepper Parmesan — two pepper grinds and dairy flavors, including Parmesan and Romano cheeses;
• maple cinnamon — nutmeg and brown sugar enhance the maple and cinnamon;
• caramel sour apple — tart like a Granny Smith apple and sweet with brown sugar, vanilla and molasses; and
• caramel — with caramel, vanilla, white and brown sugar.
For additional information, call (414) 769-300 or visit www.wixon.com.here to search that archive.
This article can also be found in the digital edition of Food Business News, December 23, 2008, starting on Page 56. Click