NEW YORK — The Specialty Food Association (S.F.A.) announced the names of its 2017 inductees to the Specialty Food Hall of Fame. Established in 2015, the Hall of Fame’s stated mission is to “honor individuals whose accomplishments, impact, contributions, innovations and successes within the specialty food industry deserve praise and recognition.”
The 2017 class of inductees will be honored June 25 at the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York as part of a special event that also includes the S.F.A.’s Lifetime Achievement Awards.
“The Specialty Food Industry has grown into a $127 billion business and a significant part of the food that Americans eat every day, thanks to all of the manufacturers, importers, retailers and culinary leaders who continue to innovate and evolve the industry,” said Phillip M. Kafarakis, president of the S.F.A.
The 2017 inductees are as follows:
• John H. Affel: World Finer Foods, Inc., Bloomfield, N.J.
• Bruce Aidells: Aidells Sausage Co., San Leandro, Calif.
• Ted Bolle: Telefood Magazine
• Bob and Verna Budd: Oak Hill Farms, Atlanta
• Jeffrey M. Cohen: Sutton Place Gourmet, Bethesda, Md.
• Al Cook: Melba Food Specialties, Inc., New York
• Leo A. Dick: Leo A. Dick & Sons Co., Warren, Mich.
• Samuel W. Edwards III: Edwards Virginia Smokehouse, Surry, Va.
• Kurt Hamburger: Jacob Hamburger Company, Inc., Portland, Ore.
• Rex Howell-Smith: Central Market, Dallas
• Scott Jensen: Stubb’s Bar-B-Q & Rhythm Superfoods, Austin, Texas
• Natalie King: Stonewall Kitchen, York, Maine
• Paula Lambert: Mozzarella Co., Dallas
• David Lemberger: Lemberger Candy Corp., Paramus, N.J.
• Leo Lemberger: Lemberger Candy Corp., Paramus, N.J.
• Fred Meyer: Fred Meyer/Kroger, Portland, Ore.
• Joseph Moskowitz: Larkin Cold Storage & Columbia Cheese, New York
• Nell Newman: Newman’s Own Organics, Aptos, Calif.
• Frank Patrick: George Delallo Co., Mount Pleasant, Pa.
• Stanley Poll: William Poll, Inc., New York
• Ron Shalinsky: The Better Cheddar, Kansas City
• Michael Silver: Neomonde Baking Co., Morrisville, N.C.
• Hal Theis: Reese Finer Foods, Bloomfield, N.J.
• Michael Thompson: Venus Wafers, Inc., Hingham, Mass.
• Peter Young: Young's Specialty Foods, Tustin, Calif.
• Yuval Zaliouk: YZ Enterprises/Almondina, Maumee, Ohio.