McKee sees Drake’s snack cakes increasing footprint

by Eric Schroeder
Search for similar articles by keyword: [McKee Foods Corp], [Sweet Goods], [Snack]

COLLEGEDALE, TENN. — The reintroduction this week of Ring Dings, Yodels, Devil Dogs and Drake’s Coffee Cake is just the start of what McKee Foods Corp. hopes will be a successful run for the Drake’s snack cakes brand, which was acquired earlier this year from the former Hostess Brands, Inc. for $27.5 million.

McKee kick-started the relaunch with the roll-out of the top four selling varieties of Drake’s snack cakes on Sept. 23, a move Mike Gloekler, director of communications at McKee Foods, told Milling & Baking News was made because the company knew it could get those products “out quickly.”

The Drake’s snack cakes have been off the market for 10 months, and McKee has spent the past few months getting a handle on how the products may effectively fit into McKee’s snack cakes portfolio, which also includes Little Debbie branded snacks. The transition was not always easy, Mr. Gloekler said.

“These were whole new recipes to us,” he said. “We didn’t want to take existing products of ours and just repackage them. We wanted to give Drake’s consumers back what they were missing. But we had no existing prototypes to go from. We had to test our efforts through Drake’s fans on whether we were on the right tracks.”

That was a daunting task considering the 125-year history of the Drake’s brand, but McKee Foods was not flying blind on the reintroduction. The company already makes Devil Cremes, Swiss Rolls and Cocoa Cremes under the Little Debbie brand, and those products are similar to certain Drake’s snack cakes brands. Offering his personal opinion on how the Little Debbie and Drake’s cakes compare, Mr. Gloekler said he thinks Little Debbie products are “a little sweeter” while the creme filling in the Drake’s cakes is “a little creamier.” The chocolate enrobing is “quite different” between the two, he added.

One Drake’s product that isn’t part of the initial roll-out is Funny Bones, which are rectangular chocolate cakes filled with peanut butter flavored crème and covered with milk chocolate frosting. Mr. Gloekler said Funny Bones are a challenge because of the inclusion of peanut butter.

“It’s not cost effective to run alongside our current equipment,” he said. “That product almost needs its own dedicated line.”

McKee currently offers Peanut Butter Crunch Bars and Nutty Bars (which include peanut butter), but Mr. Gloekler said the Little Debbie products are wafers, which require different equipment then the cake-based Funny Bones. McKee is making the Drake’s cakes in Collegedale, Tenn., and Stuarts Draft, Va.

While Funny Bones may not make it back to market anytime soon, McKee does have plans to expand the Drake’s brand, specifically into the breakfast market, Mr. Gloekler said. No launch date has been given, but new products appearing on the company’s web site and slated for future introduction include honey buns, blueberry muffins, banana nut muffins, chocolate chip mini muffins, blueberry mini muffins, cherry cheese Danish pastries and cheese Danish pastries.

“The breakfast market is a very active market right now,” Mr. Gloekler said.

The company also plans to introduce Zoinks!, which are crème-filled sponge cakes similar to Twinkies.

One thing is for sure, with Little Debbie’s national brand recognition and Drake’s strong presence in the northeast, Mr. Gloekler sees no reason why the acquisition won’t pay dividends for McKee in the long run.

“It’s really a chance to increase our footprint,” he said.

By P. Spinale 12/10/2014 10:18:17 PM
PLEEEEEEEASE bring back FUNNY BONES!!!

By Tracey B. 12/10/2014 9:27:13 PM
please bring back FUNNY BONES!!with all the requests for their return why not just buy the equipment and bring them back?.....this part is for mr. schlageter..I'd love to buy a case from YOU :)

By ricky 11/29/2014 1:00:42 AM
Its truly unfair that you take one of the best snacks off the shelves funny one is in a class all by its self and need to still be marketed and put back on the shelves.

By Johnny 11/26/2014 10:09:29 AM
Oh my God please bring the funny months back I absolutely love them I have a sister-in-law that lives in Las Vegas she is from back east and she's dying to get funny bones the sooner you can get funny bones back on the shelves the better

By Name Required 11/22/2014 11:47:57 PM
Comment Required

By Linda 11/22/2014 11:47:01 PM
Please bring back funny bones!!!!!

By Heather 11/19/2014 10:25:30 PM
Bring back FUNNY BONES!!!! There's no other cake that compares, love and miss them!!!

By sheryl 11/19/2014 2:19:01 PM
please please bring back our funny bones our family favorite

By John Swift 11/15/2014 2:31:57 PM
Please,Please bring back FUNNY BONES

By Joe 11/14/2014 1:07:34 PM
Yankee doodles! Yes yes yes, Bring the doodles back!

By Eleanor 11/11/2014 6:19:58 PM
I live in Queens, NY and haven't seen Drakes Yankee Doodles in a very long long time. I miss them a lot. Please bring back the Doodle!!

By Raymond 10/31/2014 7:15:47 PM
PLEASEEEE bring funny bones back i die everyday more and more inside and before I'm old id like to have funny bones around again

By Ralph 10/30/2014 5:54:51 PM
FUNNY BONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By jeffrey 10/28/2014 2:14:24 PM
bring them to kansas and get back funny bones miss them from boston area and aint had drakes products in 7 years :(

By Kirsten Rizzo 10/22/2014 11:09:07 PM
Funny Bones! Please.... I would even buy leftovers from a year ago... 3 years ago. They were my favorite snack and only Drakes product I liked.

By Gerry Duff 10/21/2014 1:27:21 PM
Why are you waiting to bring back Funny Bones? If the reader comments are any indication,you'd be hard pressed to keep up with the demand. I ran out of my last stash of frozen Funny Bones about a year ago. You make them and we'll buy them. It's that simple.

By John McDonald 10/19/2014 5:44:23 AM
Funny Bones were my absolute favorite. Bring them back PLEASE!!!!!

By Zina 10/19/2014 1:01:46 AM
BRING BACK MY FUNNY BONE!!! IF NOT ALL THE WAY A FEW TIMES DURING THE YEAR? P-U-L-E-E-Z

By Victoria Campbell 10/10/2014 2:36:56 PM
I guess all good things must come to a end funny bones were the best and I'm sad to see them go but how bout Yankee doodles

By John Accardo 10/6/2014 11:24:41 PM
bring back Yankee Doodles and Devil Dogs, real cake and real cream filling, Hostess products are okay, but second rate by comparison, (especially Ho Hos compared to Yodels)! I don't want to be cruel, but Little Debi products are virtually unpalatable, and don't even taste or feel lik

By jim SCHLAGETER 9/30/2014 5:39:06 AM
I'm so glad I had the foresight to buy 12 cases of funnybones from the last lot to be produced! I still have several cases in my freezer and when thawed they still taste great!

By jackie st. Hilaire 9/26/2014 2:46:47 PM
Please bring back funny bones.

By Jo Ann Lyons 9/20/2014 3:51:00 PM
Dear Madam or Sir, Funny Bones were always a treat and brings back fond memories for me from when I was a child. I have always told my children about them. My children are grown now and as Alzheimer's is beginning to set in, I would like to introduce those to my grandchildren. Since you are no longer going to make the cakes, I would like to have the recipe of the filling please. I have tried many time to duplicate the filling but to no avail. I live in Colorado and when you did sell them, they were not offered this far west. Thank you in advance for the recipe.

By D.Thompson 9/15/2014 6:25:00 AM
I love your Yankee Doodles cupcakes. When are they going to make it to market? They are truly my favorite Drakes product.

By Hope 9/12/2014 6:40:23 PM
I miss funny bones, please bring them back

By Roselle 9/4/2014 7:28:36 PM
Please bring back the funny bone cakes.

By Nick Pelkey 9/3/2014 12:06:39 PM
Expanding on Drake's is super dumb. The market is already saturated with all of those breakfast products. Funny Bones stand alone. I miss them and they are the only Drake's product I could care about.

By Melissa 8/27/2014 10:37:07 PM
Figure out funny bones. Pronto! Best product you can offer. Nothing comes close. HURRY!!!

By Jeff Dellinger 8/24/2014 5:19:04 PM
Yeah.. Been looking for funny bones for months now.. Only to find out you don't make them anymore? The world is a much sadder place.

By Todd Faulk 8/24/2014 2:15:27 PM
Bring back the Funny Bones, they are great, gotta have some now!

By Monica Donohue 8/23/2014 8:40:36 AM
Please bring back Funny Bones! They are a childhood favorite of mine and my children love them too.

By Lenore 8/22/2014 10:02:00 PM
I miss funny bones. They were my favorite. There's nothing like them. Please bring them back!

By brenda hebert 8/16/2014 6:42:19 PM
bring back funny bones

By brend hebert 8/16/2014 6:40:58 PM
bring back drakes funny bones

By Donald Mike Vincent 8/15/2014 7:31:10 PM
Why can't I buy Drakes products in Lima Ohio. I lived in R. I. Until I was 17yrs old and miss them I'm 59 now bring them to Ohio please they will sell.

By Claudia Fernandes 8/15/2014 6:57:02 AM
Please please bring back the oldtime famous Funny Bones...how caould you possible bring back eveything but those ????? so many of us miss them.....please............Find a way...

By Richard Kennedy 8/8/2014 8:50:12 PM
Drake's Ring Dings and Funny Bones are the best snack cakes ever. I am so glad that Ring Dings are back. Next McKee Foods needs to bring back those delicious Funny Bones. I live in Chicago where Drakes Cakes are not available. During a recent trip back to New York where I grew up, I bought six boxes of Ring Dings. Two boxes I inhaled immediately. The other four I brought back to Chicago. Those didn't last long either. By the way, to say, as the article does, that Little Debbie cakes are similar to Drakes cakes is like saying that a Toyota Corolla is similar to a Bentley - yeah they are both cars, but that's about where the similarity ends.

By Steve 8/3/2014 5:15:59 PM
My favorite is devil dogs I live in Ms are they going to be sold here!!

By Kris 8/3/2014 1:43:47 PM
I also miss Funny Bones, my favorite of all the Drake's snacks. I hope they will eventually make it back into store shelves here in NY. Please make it happen!

By cynthia 8/1/2014 8:19:17 PM
there is no Drake cakes without Funny Bones. Boy do I miss them. As a matter of fact Funny Bones is my families favorite of all the Drake products and I NO Longer purchase Drake products

By Debbie Presbrey 8/1/2014 6:56:06 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back our FUNNY BONES>

By Lisa Treem 7/26/2014 12:31:16 PM
I would like to know if you could introduce your cakes to new mexico. I am from new England and I live here now but oh how I miss my devil dogs.

By James Aikens 7/10/2014 10:58:14 AM
McKeee foods when are you going to stop talking about bringing the Drake brand back and take action. I am waiting!!!! I want funny bones, ring dings, and apple pies!!! Seriously, please get to work and bring the Drake products to the consumers who want them. Too much talking and no action.

By Donna McArthur 7/8/2014 7:06:21 PM
Alot of us are wondering if funny bones are coming back they are wonderful...

By JEANINE MURPHY 7/6/2014 4:25:04 PM
Think of the comeback...even better than the Twinkies (Non) comeback!!! Funny Bones deserves a dedicated line!!!

By JEANINE MURPHY 7/6/2014 4:23:12 PM
Please bring back Funny Bones!! They are my fave!

By Wes Nixon 7/3/2014 5:21:21 AM
Funny bones were a staple in our home and are missed by the adults and kids just the same. Please bring them back, there just is no replacement for them on the market.

By Stacy 6/29/2014 5:54:36 PM
Funny bones were the best. Been looking fir them everywhere. Please, please, please bring them back.

By Joe Russo 6/28/2014 5:03:43 PM
Man I've been looking for funny bones for months. Bring that ish back. U can keep ur Twinkies, I hardly ever eat em, cause funny bones are just better

By Debbie Santulli 6/28/2014 8:42:42 AM
Hello Drakes, ever since I was little girl my mombalways face be Drakes Yankee doodles. Can not find them in NYC and Central Florida. Thank you. To.me they taste best when white cream is just out if Frig.

By Gary knupp 6/17/2014 10:50:42 AM
Brink back funny bones already.

By Christine W Carroll 6/14/2014 5:32:58 PM
Another vote for Funny Bones. They've always been my favorite!

By Beth Ellen 6/14/2014 12:50:24 PM
Bring back Funny Bones - I, too, walk right past the Drakes end cap now.

By V DECKER 6/6/2014 6:07:10 PM
WHEN ARE YANKEE DOODLES GOING TO COME BACK OUT?

By Don Watkins 6/6/2014 2:47:41 PM
Another vote for the return of FUNNY BONES!!!

By Barbara Boothby 5/26/2014 8:04:10 PM
Why are you not making Funny Bones anymore they are one of my favorite

By BB 5/17/2014 5:13:04 PM
Now, I always walk by the Drakes end display in my local store. Why ? Because I know longer see Funny Bones. It's the only Drake product I'd buy. Please bring them back.

By judy campbell 5/16/2014 7:52:46 PM
BRING BACK THE FUNNY BONES!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WERE THE BEST EVER. NIX SOME OTHER TREAT . YOUR LOOSING MONEY AND STOCKS

By judy campbell 5/16/2014 7:52:34 PM

By Mary 5/16/2014 5:58:07 PM
Would it be possible funny bones would ever make a come back

By Candice Mesh 5/9/2014 2:52:49 AM
PLEEEEEEEEZZZ!!! Nothing compares to a "FUNNY BONE". I beg you to please put them back on the shelves. They deserve a dedicated line!!! I believe it will be a costly error to not bring them back...soon. Thank you.

By Jessica 5/4/2014 12:28:22 PM
funny bones were apart my childhood memory. It's just not the same without them. BRING THEM BACK!!!!

By Nickol Valentin 4/30/2014 4:36:06 PM
I ask daily for a Funny Bone!!! There is nothing out there that can compair to a Funny Bone!!! Please make them ASAP

By Kathy Allison 4/29/2014 7:43:47 AM
Funny Bones were by far the best of the Drakes Cakes line. I cannot believe you do not have them in production. Chocolate candy coated chocolate cake and Peanutbutter? Hello? Give the people what they want!

By Darshara Evans 4/28/2014 9:31:17 PM
Bring back Funny Bones,You can make it happen. Look at the comments and hear the cry for Funny Bones.Its part of a legend.You cant have a full house when your missing a suite

By J C 4/28/2014 12:49:47 PM
I really miss the funny bones, they were my favorite. I hope you will be able to market them in the future.

By Dave Febonio 4/28/2014 3:37:47 AM
BRING BACK FUNNY BONES!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I shouted. And I never shout. But everybody should be shouting from the rooftops at you evil tease demons. WHERE ARE THE FUNNY BOOOOOONES?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By C. Simonds 4/21/2014 12:54:10 PM
Bring Funny Bones back! They are the best snack cakes ever. My family use to ship them out from NH to Idaho where I am stationed. I miss that chocolate peanut butter cake.

By Jo 4/20/2014 4:12:05 PM
We miss Funny Bones

By chris Silvernail 4/19/2014 8:38:37 PM
We want Funny Bones back please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Renee Shorte 4/17/2014 6:42:42 PM
why did you take the funny bones off of the market? please put them back they are still are the best

By Pam 4/10/2014 3:34:50 PM
Margie M-TastyKake Peanut Butter Kakes are not new! They have been around since the 50's-I have loving them since i was a little kid.

By VAL DECKER 4/8/2014 3:47:13 PM
WHEN ARE DRAKE'S YANKEE DOODLES CUP CAKES HITTING THE MARKET SHELVES AGAIN?

By Marie O'Neill 4/4/2014 8:34:21 PM
I WANT FUNNY BONES TO COME BACK THEY WERE THE BEST ITEM ON THE LIST - HANDS DOWN !!!!!!!!

By Ken A 4/2/2014 5:00:19 AM
Funny Bones, by far, were the best Drakes's product produced. Find a way to bring these tasty treats back to us!

By Margie M 3/30/2014 6:16:34 PM
I loved funny bones and just recently found something identical in flavor. My taste buds almost died because as soon as I took a bite funny bones came to mind. TASTYKAKES made new product called Kandy Bar Kakes Peanut Butter found in the TASTYKAKES section with all the goodies and doughnuts. It's in a brown and orange box . It's also made with Reese's peanut butter . Try it.

By Natalie H 3/28/2014 9:43:03 PM
Funny Bones...Please! My son and I share the love of this yummy cake and want to pass this along to his son. I'm saddened to think this might not happen.

By Sue 3/28/2014 2:22:37 PM
Myself ,my kids, and grand kids are all nuts about funny bones. Please please bring them back

By faith 3/21/2014 5:18:00 PM
I agree Funny Bones should come back. I also wish that they would bring back the big swiss rolls. They were to die for and all that cake and cream filling. My mouth starts to drool just thinking of them. They were the best. I would love to see these make a return as well.

By Candee Vincent 3/21/2014 7:43:40 AM
I am a valued customer and my family and i love your products especially funny bones and wish you would reconsider stocking them again. They are a childhood favorite too

By christal shola 3/20/2014 7:41:09 PM
Im hoping that funny bones returns soon!

By Nancy Murphy 3/20/2014 3:09:45 PM
Please help get Funny Bones back! At least in Newburyport, MAssachusetts Thank you from many. Nancy

By missing funnybones 3/15/2014 3:06:35 PM
Noticed they werent in stores anymore and to my disappointment here learn another staple of my past has sold out and what non-profitable? Funny-bones will be missed. Maybe they can buy yoohoo and discontinue that dinosaur as well sheesh. "Another brick in the wall"

By casey 3/14/2014 7:22:26 PM
I would like funny bones back on market they are better than all others

By Loretta 3/11/2014 3:11:58 PM
I love funny bones. I like ring dings and twinkies and was happy to see their reintroduction. However, FUNNY BONES ARE THE BEST. Please bring them back to the market.

By Loretta 3/11/2014 3:11:57 PM

By Garren Orourke 3/7/2014 11:57:58 AM
We want funny bones , we want funny bones , we want funny bones. LOL please.

By Adam 3/6/2014 5:12:20 PM
Spend the money and bring back funny bones. They are delicious!!!

By Luis Rivera 3/4/2014 5:41:21 PM
Funny Bones are the best thing to hit the market since Twinkies. I hope and pray that your company can bring back out the Funny Bones back as soon as possible back to the shelves. I'm sure a lot of people share the same fondness as me about Funny Bones. Thanks for your time. T

By steven scott 2/26/2014 3:27:09 PM
just wondering if you could bring back the big swiss rolls that drake made in the seventies.they were great.used to get in school. creme filled rolls with no chocalate coating. thanks!

By Annie R. 2/25/2014 7:49:20 PM
Please bring back funny bones. Little debbies are too sweet and i dont buy those. You can make more sales if u bring back funny bones. My whole family and friends love funny bones. Thank you.3

By Rosie Crane 2/25/2014 3:08:22 PM
I apoologize for being so rude, however I HATE LITTLE DEBBIE. There is a HUGE difference in taste compared to Drakes. More than just chocoLAte and cream or creme. BRING BACK FUNNY BONES!!!!THEY ARE THE BEST AND THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THEM ON THE MARKET. YOU NEED BETTER MARKETING. IF NUTELLA AND JIF CAN MAKE THEIR CHOCO/NUT STUFF LOOK GOOD, IMAGINE WHAT SOMEONE TALENTED CAN DO WITH FUNNY BONES.!!!

By Carolyn 2/19/2014 10:11:04 PM
My dad got transferred for 4 mo. from Nashville to New York (Grumman) when I was in 6th grade in 1965. My late mother put Funny Bones in our school lunches. We loved them. I have missed them ever since. That's how I found this site - googling Funny Bones!!! Please add them McKee! From a loyal SDA.

By Donna Dickson 2/19/2014 7:37:12 PM
I just want to say, I love the funny bones! When I lived in NJ I would buy them all the time. I just moved to TX 7 months ago and very sad to say I can't find them any place :-(

By Rob Olver 2/18/2014 7:42:38 PM
Funny Bones are the only combination of chocolate and peanut butter I even like, and I couldn't get enough of them. My whole family wants Funny Bones back.

By Name Required 2/15/2014 7:48:09 PM
Comment Required

By Michele 2/15/2014 7:47:11 PM
I miss Funny Bones. Have been looking for them for a long time. Did not realize they might be discontinued. I like unny bones because of the chocolate and peanut butter together. Please bring Funny bones back!!!

By Lois Dimare 2/15/2014 8:36:17 AM
I am having Funny Bones withdrawals. Please bring them back soon .I really have been craving them for months now!!! Please,please ,please bring them back! You will make me so happy!!!??

By Lisa Steadman 2/13/2014 7:29:10 PM
WHY NO FUNNY BONES?? THEY ARE THE BEST OF DRAKES CAKES!!

By Gary 2/13/2014 8:54:43 AM
Funny Bones were the best ones. I kind of wish McKee would go out of business, in hopes someone else would step it up and make them.

By Joe Carlisle 2/10/2014 4:26:23 PM
Thanks for keeping Drakes cakes alive. I do hope Funny Bones are in your future. They are the best Drakes cake ever. Little Debbie snacks are awesome and will only get better with Drakes line up. Thank you.

By michael scabia 2/9/2014 3:22:24 PM
Funny Bones Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Ace Hoffman 2/7/2014 7:12:19 PM
When -- not if -- you bring back Funny Bones, please don't change the recipe! (Okay, eliminate some trans fat or something, but don't change the taste!) Little Debbies are too, too sweet -- taste almost like pure sugar. Drakes had it right!

By Alex Naverniak 2/5/2014 10:05:04 PM
Funny Bones was way ahead all other cookies. Tasted like it was made out of heavenly staff. Good balance of sweetness, nutritious ingredients. It made me really addict to it, and not only me, as I see. Bring it back no matter at what cost. I remember it was often missing at the store shelves because of the popularity! I was having hard time looking for it sometimes. The return is needed desperately!!!! No matter what.

By Tracey H 2/5/2014 1:49:00 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back Funny Bones. I love love love these cakes. My whole family does. Please reconsider.

By Audrey 2/4/2014 10:51:28 AM
The manager is my local supermarket told me she is tired of hearing customers asking where the Yankee Doodles are. You really need to bring this product back. Certainly here in the New York/New Jersey area, it was one of the most popular snacks.

By Ricky C 2/3/2014 1:05:26 PM
!!!!!!!!PLEASE BRING BACK FUNNY BONES!!!!!!

By Debbie 2/1/2014 11:06:09 PM
Say it isn't true....Funny Bones are absolutely the best of the Drake's line. My Mom was recently diagnosed with cancer and told to say what she wants now whenever she can. She LOVES Funny Bones and I think it would be nice to share a package with her like we did when I was younger. PLEASE find a way...you're a big company with resources and bringing back FunnyBones would help your bottom line--not to mention make folks happy. We need some happiness and comfort.

By Carole miller 2/1/2014 7:20:12 PM
Funny bones need to be back in the shelves soon. Out of all the drakes products they were by far your best.

By Chuck G 1/30/2014 1:17:02 PM
A world without Funny Bones is not fun Please bring them back soon!

By Noelle Monk 1/29/2014 4:12:23 PM
Going through Funny Bones withdrawl...not pretty! Need Funny Bones! Need them bad!!!!Please bring them back. They are the best comfort food!

By Ed Batista 1/29/2014 9:47:00 AM
Please bring back Funny Bones. Those were our family's favorite of the entire line of cake goods.

By Lori 1/25/2014 4:28:10 PM
Funny Bones are by far my favorite Drake's cake. I truly hope you find a way to get the Funny Bones back into production. No other chocolate and peanut butter cake even comes close!

By Lisa & Ed 1/25/2014 10:47:58 AM
My husband and I have had a tradition of sharing a pack of funny bones especially on our anniversary for years. This anniversary we took out our last funny bone from the freezer and needless to say, it was a melancholy moment for we did not know if it would be our last. We vowed to not eat any other drakes products until the funny bones come back. Please make this years anniversary a happy one for us and bring back your best product FUNNY BONES!!!!!!!

By Luc 1/24/2014 1:48:03 PM
This is a crime!!! I have to agree with the army of people outraged by the snubbing of Funny Bones. If it takes a new industrial line to make them, well, so be it, you make a whole line dedicated to delicious penut butter cream filling. As the gods of providence say: If you build it they will come! I can't imagine the Reese's Penutbutter Cups of chocolate cakes wasn't one of the most popular cakes ever. Everyone loves penutbutter and chocolate! Come on, guys, get on the ball. Give us back Funny Bones or I may never smile or laugh again.

By jay 1/23/2014 1:19:34 PM
Seriously the only snack i even buy at the grocery store is funny bones bring them back. Drakes are a bunch of sell outs dont sell to a company that cant produce your product correctly. Its like if we stopped selling beef because raising cows wasnt cost effective

By jay 1/23/2014 1:15:31 PM
No Profanity Allowed, Please Retype Your Comment.

By arlene hunter 1/19/2014 2:33:28 PM
please bring back the funny bone, their is nothing as satisfying as a funny bone and a cold glass of milk. please , please, please will be waiting.

By Joy Ismajloski 1/17/2014 3:33:42 PM
I am very disappointed to hear that they are not bringing back funny bones. I loved them. I would buy them all the time. I think they should make the effort to bring them back. I know I'm not the only one who will miss them.

By Nancy hunter 1/14/2014 8:54:40 AM
You MUST bring back Funny Bones! There is nothing else remotely like them.

By Melissa 1/13/2014 7:18:30 PM
Please, please, please do your best to get the funny bones up and running again. I don't think I can live much longer without them.

By Kirk 1/9/2014 12:57:12 PM
Funny Bones are the best. For what it's worth if they are brought back I am a life long customer. Sounds like a lot of others share this view.

By jpyce 1/7/2014 12:21:41 PM
when will drakes come back to the Tampa Bay area????? I miss them sooooooooooo

By Lena 1/6/2014 7:44:43 PM
Please I beg of you to PLEASE bring funny bones back. I have all my friends in the look out for them. Everytime I go to the super market and u see the drake cakes I cross My fingers I will see my favorite since a kid (funny bones) Please please bring them back. You guys will see a major High rise In ur market if you put them back on counters.

By dave hawrey 12/31/2013 12:14:09 PM
Please get devil dogs to New Mexico there are a lot of transplant from back east waiting for them.

By Fritz 12/30/2013 10:28:48 PM
Please please bring back Funny Bones!

By Lana 12/28/2013 8:24:05 PM
I nearly dropped to my knees when I saw my beloved Devil Dogs return to the shelves of Stop & Shop in NY. I phoned my mother in MA immediately...okay right after taking my first bite...then after my third or possibly final bite I phoned my mother-in-law knowing she would quickly send a care package to my sister-in-law in CA. From then on I patiently awaited the return of my other love, the FunnyBones. When they didn't make it out in time for Halloween (a natural fit for the Holiday and the change in weather) I became increasingly concerned. Here I am a few days after Christmas, the New Year just over the horizon finishing a Devil Dog (...finishing 2 Devil Dogs) I decided to Google what the heck is going on. I read your story, I understand your dilemma, but seriously MAN we need our FunnyBones!!! Can't live without them just like we can't live without Devil Dogs, air or water. Love you Little Debbies for saving our Drake's family and also to enjoy your sweet goodness, but there's a big hole where my FunnyBones go! Save the FunnyBone! FunnyBones, FunnyBones, FunnyBones! Save the FunnyBones!!!

By Alberta Austin 12/26/2013 11:08:17 PM
I grew up on FunnyBones in the Bronx and they were the number 1 sellers please hurry and bring them back

By tony 12/24/2013 9:37:02 PM
when does drakes will come out with the funnybons ????

By Eddie Lima 12/24/2013 2:44:43 AM
Bring back funny bones please :/ you guys will make way more money ... funny bones are the only thing you guys make that people actually care about other then the coffee cakes ...

By Andeshia grant 12/21/2013 11:17:18 PM
My family is highly upset at Funny bones being taken off the market. .. I went to 9 stores in two days searching. . Just to finally Google this horrible news. Funny bones makes my dad's day so much smoother. . I'm very upset..

By Mary 12/21/2013 11:51:01 AM
Please bring back Funny Bones. Every year I sent them to my brother-in-law for his birthday and Christmas because they were not available in Florida. Now, I can no longer continue this tradition....

By Debbie 12/19/2013 7:06:01 PM
Funny Bones were my absolute favorite followed by Devil Dogs. It was exciting to see Drakes cakes making a return but I must say that the Devil Dog cake is not the same as it was. I always froze mine to eat them and the new cake just doesn't freeze like the original. Hopefully, Funny Bones will make a return and be just as awesome as before.

By paula 12/16/2013 8:48:39 AM
Please bring back the funny bones. My sister loves them and I always send them to her in South Dakota at Christmas time. Her all time favorite snack.

By CYNTHIA 12/15/2013 9:10:09 PM
Please bring back the FUNNY BONES and bring them back to the West Coast. I grew up on those in NY. And even though I traveled and lived all over the world (different countries), when I went home to NY I shipped back cases. Comment on your DEVIL CREMES, NOT the same as DEVIL DOGS. Yes DEVIL CREMES are too sweet, not as creamy and too artificial.

By Mike 12/14/2013 8:00:34 PM
You can send a rocket to and from the Moon, make certain body parts BIGGER, and some smaller, BUT YOU CAN'T PUT CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER GOODNESS BETWEEN TWO TASTEFUL DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CAKEY BUNS????? Come on Einsteins.......... Bring back that GRRRREAT American goodness Mike and audrey in new York

By audrey Costa 12/14/2013 7:25:03 PM
BRING BAAAAACCCCCKK THE FUNNYBONES....... YOU COMMIES!!!!!! If you bought the company, you bought the machine!!!!!!!!! Stop making us Americans suffer MOOOOOORRRREEE than we already do!!!!!! From Mike and Audrey from NEW YORK

By tina 12/12/2013 10:42:24 AM
Did not know until recently that Funny Bones were off the market. Had a coupon and went to 3 or 4 stores looking for them. Why publish a coupon for a product that is not out there? Please bring them back!

By Shanel 12/9/2013 10:25:12 AM
Funny Bones are the best. Please bring them back. I'm on the verge of a breakdown!!!!!!

By Christopher M Keller 11/28/2013 10:28:18 AM
Bring back funny bones please.I always had family send me a few boxes for the holidays, since I couldn't get them in Kansas.

By Debbie Simpson 11/27/2013 2:16:09 PM
Please, please bring back funny bones!!!!

By sal 11/26/2013 12:05:53 AM
Not a big fan of funny bones, But i am a big fan of coffee cakes, just wondering are you going to bring back the larger size cake(s)I believe they call them vendor cakes, they went into a vending machine....?

By sal 11/26/2013 12:03:34 AM

By E. Torres 11/25/2013 9:18:19 PM
There's nothing quite like those Funny Bones. Had them all the time when I lived in NY and that was 23 years ago. How I miss them. I'm now in TX. Wish I had some right now.

By jackie st. hilaire 11/25/2013 3:33:12 PM
Please bring back the funny bone! There is nothing like it on the market today. Also, please bring Drakes to Texas! Thank you, Jackie St. Hilaire

By Donna 11/17/2013 9:15:22 PM
I was looking online to find a place that still sells Funny Bones so I could send some to my daughter 700 miles away, and her fiance in Afghanistan, and didn't realize they were not made any more. Please bring back Funny Bones! I don't eat any of the other stuff, and the new projected projects do not even tempt me.

By meri 11/14/2013 6:17:39 PM
FUNNY BONES ARE THE BEST! MY FAVORITE ABOVE ALL SNACK FOODS. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY WEREN'T THE FIRST SNACK ROLLED OUT. BRING THEM BACK! ITS THE BEST OF ALL SNACK CAKE FOODS!!!!

By Chris H 11/14/2013 1:34:12 PM
I love Funny Bones the best, I'd also like to see Chocodiles nationwide, a chocolate covered Twinkie --what's not to like about that. Use to get them in the west, but now in New England. Bring them back everywhere! Yum Yum eat'em up!

By Sandra 11/13/2013 7:01:50 AM
Please bring back the Funny Bones. They are more unique than the other products and harder to find a replacement for. I keep checking the shelves for them, hoping they've been added but after reading this article I guess my looking may be in vain. Please reconsider bringing Funny Bones back into the product line.

By Mark Murphy III 11/11/2013 7:29:23 PM
The one thing that I liked about Hostess was the Funny Bones. When the first Funny Bone came out, I bought them. You need to hurry up and make them. When you put them on the market again, they will sell like crazy.

By Jay Dee 11/9/2013 10:47:42 PM
Funny Bones are an instituion. Bring them back. They will pay off in dividends. You wn't be sorry.

By George Malik 11/6/2013 1:42:04 PM
Please, Please bring back the funny bone. Must have funny bone.

By angela 11/4/2013 10:24:20 PM
I want Drakes Funny Bones back

By Bob Connelly 10/31/2013 8:59:08 AM
Where are the FUNNY-BONE'S ?

By P.M. 10/30/2013 6:54:42 PM
Please bring funny bones back! PLEASE!

By Joshua Darlington 10/29/2013 1:18:57 PM
I too want my FUNNY BONES back please and thank you.

By Joshua Darlington 10/29/2013 1:18:56 PM
I too want my FUNNY BONES back please and thank you.

By Tom 10/29/2013 8:21:54 AM
Wow, found Devil Dogs in MD lastnight! Didn't know they were back in production. Bought the last two boxes. Grew up on Drakes in NY. Try freezing your dogs and enjoy with a glass of milk.

By Debbie 10/28/2013 8:11:22 PM
Pleeeese bring back Funny bones, the best snack cake ever. You won't regret it. Thank you.

By Brenda 10/28/2013 11:18:35 AM
Please bring back the funny bones. That's really what my fiance and kids love :). Thank you.

By Monica Kirby 10/27/2013 1:12:18 PM
Please,Please bring back Funny Bones. that is all I have to hope for in the future. I would be one of your biggest buyers and remember them so well from my childhood and loved them. when I moved to Kentucky everytime I went to Maine I used to stock up on them and enjoyed them so much

By Dave 10/27/2013 6:09:33 AM
We travel to Massachusetts a couple of times a year and always stock up on Funny Bones because they are not available in Ohio. Please bring them back, and consider expanding the brand into Ohio.

By Donna Villano 10/26/2013 1:49:41 PM
Will you be selling devil dogs in North Carolina?

By Patty 10/24/2013 7:27:35 AM
Please bring back FUNNY BONES !!!!!!

By Reggie 10/19/2013 3:11:14 PM
I understand the peanut butter concern but what's the excuse for not bringing back Yankee Doodles? They already make cupcakes under the Little Debbie name, don't they? So why not Yankee Doodles and Sunny Doodles?

By Reggie 10/19/2013 2:58:34 PM

By Karen Kubicko 10/18/2013 8:00:34 PM
I miss funny bones -I now live in Az and when I went back to Ct I had to purchase a box of everything I could but I was distressed because I couldn't find funnybones

By Came Home for Funny Bones 10/18/2013 8:43:05 AM
Please, please bring back Funny Bones. My husband and I moved back to NJ in 2012. We both missed the boardwalks and I missed Funny Bones (and family) We were only back in NJ a little while when Hurricane Sandy damaged the boardwalks and Drakes Cakes went out of business. I introduced my friends in VA to Funny Bones and they have been waiting for them to show up in their local stores. Little Debbie cakes are too sweet for me. Please bring back Funny Bones.

By Funny Bones fan in FL 10/18/2013 7:03:52 AM
Please bring back Funny Bones! I'm a 60's child raised in R.I. and eating funny bones since my mom put them in lunch box for school. As an adult my favorite way to eat them - put the box in the freezer - eat by pulling the chocolate off the outside first --please bring back my favorite guilty pleasure please!

By Millie Epley 10/18/2013 2:39:35 AM
Funny Bones are my favorite cakes and I live in Tennessee, They didn't sell funny bones around here. I would have my Aunt send them to me from Mass. Please start making them again and put them in the grocery stores in Tenn. I would let people try them and they loved them also. Thank you

By Tom Johnson 10/17/2013 7:57:52 PM
Funny Bones by demand will be worth your while just do a trial run and you will see how Supply & Demand is worth your time and Effort!

By Maggie 10/17/2013 11:16:01 AM
There is a market demand for Funny Bones. No other company makes anything comparable, the public wants them, PLEASE bring them back.

By Richard Cesternino 10/16/2013 8:13:43 PM
Live in Myrtle Beach SC many transplants from New York area would love to have Drakes here no doubt they would be very popular.

By Allie 10/16/2013 12:00:58 PM
All I wanted back was the funny bones & that is the cake your NOT making! Feeling Disappointed Here in NJ

By Joe 10/15/2013 9:51:27 PM
Funny Bones or GTFO.

By Joseph Nasuti 10/14/2013 11:34:39 AM
devil dogs,ring dings love them but funny bones are the best ..

By Mike 10/13/2013 9:17:18 PM
Dear Funny Bones people... Please bring back Funny Bones...Look at what your doing to these people...Personaly I can't imagine life without the chocolate/peanut buttery goodness of Funny Bones...It is your duty as an American, and in the name of human decency and all that is right... Sincerly Mike

By Mike 10/13/2013 9:04:42 PM

By Kevin 10/13/2013 1:00:47 AM
please bring funny bones back they were thee best please please thank you !!!!

By Claudia 10/12/2013 8:12:42 AM
Please bring back Funny Bones. They were my favorite of all the Drakes. They are different than anything on the market. Just not the same to see the line back without Funny Bones with them.

By Lourdes Siani 10/11/2013 1:07:10 PM
Please bring back funny bones. I'm a addict. I was so happy to see the drakes cakes back. But it's not fair to leave funny bones out. I hope you relies how desparate I am to eat funny bones again. Please, please, please bring them back. I'll be anxiously waiting.

By LARRY MACLEOD 10/5/2013 1:43:55 PM
I LIVE IN THE VILLAGES FL. WHEN WILL DEVIL DOGS START SHOWING UP IN GROCERIES STORES????

By Phil 10/4/2013 12:02:27 AM
There is no other snack cake that can comparing to devil dogs, I grew up on drakes cakes and I'm 51 years old today. Drakes cakes is part of my life and when they took that away, they took away a part of me. Bottom line is.i love devil dogs.

By Monica Kirby 9/29/2013 12:51:57 PM
Please,please, please bring back Funny Bones!!! I am 57 years old and lived in Maine, when I was younger and loved them. I now live in Kentucky and miss having those. My aunts went to Maine recently and tried to find them for me with no luck. That's when we found out that the co. Was bought out. Thank you for your time. Monica

By John Coady 9/27/2013 12:19:13 PM
I am thrilled that this product is back on the market. My only hope is that you distribute them to Georgia. I have gone through great pain getting them in the past and thanks to Publix Super Markets I have been able to get them to special order them and get them shipped in from the Florida stores. Thank you Publix and thank you McKee for bringing back the items that I have used since I was a child. I am now retired.

By Kevin 9/27/2013 8:27:11 AM
Of the 3 parties that purchased the Old Hostess Brands group it appears that the only one that handled the return of the brand they purchased is McKee. For the most part they are using the sales force that are familiar with their product and territory . Its the boots on the ground that get the job done , mass shipments to the grocers back door won't work in this case.