PITTSBURGH — A new leadership team has been established to take control of The Kraft Heinz Co. once the merger is completed. Reporting to chief executive officer Bernardo Hees will be:
• Paulo Basillio has been named chief financial officer. He joined Heinz in June 2013 as c.f.o. and will be responsible for all finance functions and investor relations.
• Matt Hill will be zone president of Europe. Mr. Hill currently holds the same role for Heinz. He joined Heinz in 2010 as chief marketing officer for Heinz U.K.
• Emin Mammodov will be zone president of Russia, India, the Middle East, Turkey and Africa. Mr. Mammadov joined Heinz in 2006 as marketing director for Heinz Russia and has been president of the business unit since 2013.
• Michael Mullen will serve as senior vice-president of corporate and government affairs. He will be responsible for leading internal and external communications, corporate social responsibility and government affairs.
• Marcos Romaneiro will now be zone president of Asia Pacific once the company is merged. Mr. Romaneiro has been zone president of Heinz Asia Pacific since June 2014.
• Francisco Sa has been named zone president of Latin America.
• Jim Savina was promoted to senior vice-president, general counsel and corporate secretary. He comes from Kraft Foods, where he was chief compliance officer.
• Melissa Werneck will lead the company’s efforts in global human resources, performance and information technology as a senior vice-president.
• George Zoghbi has been appointed chief operating officer of the company’s U.S. commercial business. In his role, Mr. Zoghbi will lead Kraft Heinz’s more than $19 billion U.S. business, which is comprised of five commercial business units. Mr. Zoghbi has been c.o.o. at Kraft since February 2015.
Given the size of the combined business, Canada will now become a stand-alone zone reporting directly to Bernardo Hees. The president of Canada will be announced in August. Chris Kempczinski will remain with the company until September to assist the Kraft Canadian and Overseas Business transition. Mr. Kempczinski will assist with the integration in Canada, and support the roll-out of Kraft brands outside North America.
The following executives will report to Mr. Zoghbi in the United States:
• Eduardo Luz, president of the U.S. Ketchup, Condiments, Sauces, Dressings and Frozen business.
• Joe Fragnito, president of U.S. Beverages and Snack Nuts.
• Howard Friedman, president of U.S. Cheese and Dairy.
• Mark Magnesen, president of U.S. meat business.
• David Toy, president of U.S. Foodservice.
• Sergio Nahuz, head of U.S. sales.• Nina Barton, senior vice-president of marketing innovation, research and development.