PURCHASE, N.Y. — Quaker Real Medleys bars and Smartfood Delight popcorn are among the products that will be offered in new “Hello Goodness” vending machines. The machines, an initiative of PepsiCo, Inc., debuted Dec. 14 at the Beverage Digest Future Smarts Conference in New York City.
PepsiCo said it will place several thousand of the Hello Goodness vending machines throughout the United States during 2016 in a variety of locations, including select health care, recreational, transportation, governmental, workplace and educational facilities. The machines will feature a chosen selection of PepsiCo products deemed “better-for-you,” such as Naked Juice, Smartfood Delight popcorn, Lay's Oven Baked potato chips, Quaker Real Medleys bars, Pure Leaf iced tea, Propel Electrolyte Water, Tropicana Pure Premium and Sabra Ready-to-Eat Hummus cups. PepsiCo also will offer a “beverage-only” Hello Goodness vending machine.
Other features of the vending machine include:
• a digital point-of-sale touch screen with product nutritional information
• suggestions for food and beverage pairing ideas for different eating occasions throughout the day
• real-time consumer preference insights to further inform future offerings
• dual climate-control shelving, allowing both perishable and non-perishable items to be easily vended together at the correct temperature
• cashless and digital vending